Scope of the Conference
The main theme at the Busan Conference is “Cultural Interaction and the Use of Metals”. The Conference will provide a forum for discussion on the effects of metals on the culture and history with a special focus on Asian materials. Comparative studies and case studies on ancient and traditional metallurgy from other regions can illuminate the interactions between the Far East and the West through South Asia as well as Eurasia.
The Conference covers the following theme:
(1) Iron and Steel Technology
(2) Copper and Bronze Technology
(3) Precious Metals and Coinage
(4) Casting Technology of Bronze and Iron
(5) Swords and Iron Artifacts
(6) History of Alloys (Brass, Paktong and Shiromé)
(7) Ores and Metal Production
(8) Illustrated Technology of Mining and Metallurgy
(9) Experimental Metallurgy, Survey Methods and Conservation
We will try and avoid parallel sessions, and the poster session will allow maximum participation.
Papers presented at the conference and accepted by the editorial committee will be published in the proceedings. Special attention should be given to the archaeological and historical background of the studies and to the interaction between specialized researchers. The conference language will be English.
Abstract should be prepared for each presentation within 1 page (A4 size) before February 1, 2017. Abstract acceptance will be communicated by March 31, 2017. Both oral and poster presentations are planned.
Full paper should be prepared for each presentation within 8 pages (A4 size) before October 18, 2017. After reviewing process, the full paper will be distributed to all of attendees by CD-ROM around June 2018.